Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You can cook Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Cookies
- It’s 125 g of butter (soft).
- You need 100 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 100 g of soft dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 220 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 100 g of dark chocolate (either chips or your favourite bar chopped).
- It’s 75-100 g of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional).
Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl, add the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Mix to a stiff dough.
- Using a heaped tablespoon as a measure roll the dough into balls then arrange on two large non-stick baking sheets. Flatten them slightly with your fingers and leave enough space for them to spread..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes on the trays to firm up slightly and then transfer to a wire rake to cool.
- If you can resist eating them all, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month.