Pizza style Onion and Tomato Uthappam.
You can have Pizza style Onion and Tomato Uthappam using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza style Onion and Tomato Uthappam
- It’s of Batter.
- You need 3 cup of Rice (preferably idly rice).
- Prepare 1 cup of urid dal (black lentils skin removed).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds (optional).
- It’s of Toppings.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare of Chilli powder (optional).
- It’s of Toppings of your choice.
Pizza style Onion and Tomato Uthappam instructions
- Soak rice, urid dal, fenugreek seeds for 6 hours. Grind it together to a smooth batter. Salt to taste..
- Close and leave it overnight in a warm place to ferment. The photo below shows the ready fermented batter. This basic batter is used to make dozens of different Indian breakfast and snack items..
- On a hot plate, pour enough batter and spread. The base have to be thick, so don’t spread much. Place the toppings, seasonings and drizzle some oil and cover it..
- Cook it for a minute and check the bottom of the pancake. If it’s golden brown, then flip to the next side carefully and cook for another 30 seconds. If you add cheese, do not flip the pancake, instead cook for another two minutes (or until the toppings are fully cooked) on a slow flame with the lid on. Ready to eat on its own or goes well with tomato chutney and curries..