Morello Cherry & Dark Chocolate Cake.
You can have Morello Cherry & Dark Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Morello Cherry & Dark Chocolate Cake
- It’s 200 g of unsalted butter (room temperature).
- It’s 200 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 175 g of self-raising flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 140 g of ground almonds.
- You need 200 g of morello cherries.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of runny honey.
- You need 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 150 g of dark chocolate (70% cocoa) roughly chopped.
Morello Cherry & Dark Chocolate Cake step by step
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 Line a 2lb loaf tin with a grease proof liner..
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter & eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the cinnamon and honey (use runny honey, blossom honey is best) and beat that in until fully incorporated..
- Now fold in the ground almonds until well dispersed and then do the same with the sour cream and then the chocolate. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and spread it out evenly. Poke the cherries into the mixture, spreading them at random depths throughout the mixture..
- Pop into the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean when poked into the middle..
- Serve when cool. Slice it up at will – will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container..