Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake. Santa, in his regular generosity, inspired me by leaving that familiar favourite, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, in the toe of my Christmas sock. Since then, this recipe has proven to be the most popular of the many. Made with Terry's Chocolate Oranges, this Chocolate Orange Cheesecake is easy to make and tastes delicious.
Chocolate and orange is one of the best food combinations, EVER. And what better way to honour that combo than by creating a Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. TERRY'S CHOCOLATE ORANGE CHEESECAKE ANYONE?! 🍫🍊Finally did a vlog for this one – just in time for Christmas next week!! You can have Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake
- You need 300 g of Terry's chocolate orange – approx. 2 whole choc oranges (you could use dark for a slightly less sweet pud).
- It’s 350 g of digestive biscuits, finely crushed (the original recipe stated double choc cookies but that's a bit too much choc for me! Digestives every time).
- You need 120 g of butter (melted).
- You need 1 (240 g) of tub mascarpone.
- It’s 1 (400 g) of tub Philadelphia cream cheese.
- You need 100 g of icing sugar (I reduced the original 150g as it seemed too sweet).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 300 ml of double cream – whisked until just forms stiff peaks.
Sorry, there was a gap between. An impressive and delicious no-bake dessert. Christmas is fast approaching – in a month's time we will be just a For this year's first festive recipe I'm sharing this amazing Terry's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. All you chocolate orange lovers out there NEED.
Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake instructions
- Mix crushed biscuits with the melted butter in a large bowl until completely combined..
- Press into a greased 8 inch square tin (spring base if poss). Make sure you get it into all the nooks and crannies. Flatten and compress it to make sure it sets as a solid base for your cheesecake mix. Put this in the freezer whilst you make the orange filling..
- Melt the Terrys' chocolate orange pieces gradually in a bowl in the microwave – stir after a minute, then 2, then reduce to every 30 seconds until melted. Put to one side to cool a little..
- Spoon the mascarpone, cream cheese, vanilla essence,cocoa powder and sieved icing sugar into a large bowl and stir well until completely combined and smooth. Add the melted chocolate and stir well until thoroughly mixed..
- Finally, add the whisked cream gently, trying not to beat out the volume by using a figure of eight motion to mix..
- Once all the ingredients are combined (try not to eat it all at this stage!), spoon the mixture onto the cooled biscuit base and smooth it carefully so that it is flat and fills all corners..
- Place in the fridge and leave for several hours (overnight is best if you can wait that long!!).
- When ready to serve, decorate with mini chocolate orange segments (and possibly some cream..….too much maybe? Not for this family!).
And not just any Chocolate Orange Cheesecake, but a Terry's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. Yep, fans of the iconic orange-shaped, orange-flavoured ball of chocolate, get excited, because we think we've just created one of the best cheesecakes around. You don't have to ask us twice. Created by Jane's Patisserie, the minimum-faff cheesecake combines a biscuit base with creamy cheesecake, topped with sprinkles, drizzle and chocolate orange segments. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.