Homemade Braai (BBQ) Pizza.
You can cook Homemade Braai (BBQ) Pizza using 9 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Braai (BBQ) Pizza
- You need of Italian semolina pizza bases.
- Prepare of Passata.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- You need of Italian herbs.
- It’s of Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of Your choice of toppings.
- It’s of BBQ Pizza stone or pizza oven.
- You need of Fresh herbs.
- It’s of Cheese.
Homemade Braai (BBQ) Pizza step by step
- Light the Braai and wait until coals are covered in a white ash. Distribute evenly..
- Meanwhile start with a professional pizza base or make your own dough. This came from an Italian food supplier and is much better than supermarket bases.
- Make the tomato base by mixing passata, balsamic vinegar, Italian herbs, garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread thinly over the base.
- Left over ratatouille mixed with passata also works very well.
- Chop your choice of toppings.
- Surf and turf – squid, chorizo, peppers, onion, courgette and sun dried tomato 🍤.
- "Breakfast" – bacon, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, courgette, artichoke and leave room in the middle for an egg! 🍳.
- Rustic Italian – ratatouille base, Parma ham, salami, sun dried tomatoes, olives, onion 🇮🇹.
- Now preheat the pizza stone for 10 mins. Place on the braai and shut the lid.
- While waiting for the stone to heat up – chop some fresh herbs 🌿.
- …and sprinkle on the pizzas.
- Now grate your choice of cheese and sprinkle on top. Mozzarella on the 'Rustic Italian'.
- …Gorgonzola on "breakfast".
- …and halloumi on the surf and turf.
- Now carefully slide the pizza on to the pizza stone. Some flour on the paddle will stop it from sticking.
- Shut the lid and cook for approximately 15mins until crispy.
- Cut into slices and enjoy (using scissors works well).
- "Breakfast" 🍳.
- Rustic Italian 🇮🇹.
- Surf and turf 🍤.