Aubergine pizza style – melanzane alla pizzaiola.
You can have Aubergine pizza style – melanzane alla pizzaiola using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aubergine pizza style – melanzane alla pizzaiola
- It’s 1 of big aubergine or 2 smaller ones.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 packet of dry mozzarella.
- Prepare leaves of Basil.
Aubergine pizza style – melanzane alla pizzaiola instructions
- Start by slicing the courgettes. Try to get them to be of the same thickness as otherwise they will cook at different times and you will have some on the burnt side and some on the raw side.
- Pass them under the grill until brown on both sides. This is a necessary step to remove the water. Try and put the thickest slices at the back because they will cook more than the ones at the front. You will prob need to do 2-3 batches.
- At this point you can make a tomato sauce if you want to although for a speedier recipe you can just spoon out the chopped tomatoes directly into the slice of aubergine. If you are using the tomatoes directly from the can try and leave as much of the juice as possible behind. You can either drain each spoonful against the side of the can or pass them through a sieve. Keep the tomatoes at the centre without getting too close to the edges.
- Add the mozzarella and a basil leaf at the top of each slice and put them back under the grill. Help yourself with a spatula. Watch out as they take less time to cook now than before as you only need to melt the mozzarella. They are done!!.